calendar / tariffs
video library P'Silo
video library "à la carte"
les grands terrains
Théâtre des Chartreux
pro / presse
Program long, July 8
Programs space, identity, movement, perception, sense, time, July 13-16
at Théâtre des Chartreux.
Circuit Court 11 rue du Commandant Mages / 13001 Marseille tel. 04 91 62 46 30
Théâtre des Chartreux 105, avenue des Chartreux / 13004 Marseille tel. 04 91 50 18 90
selection 2011 / title :::: 81 films,
71 authors, 18 countries Canada
/ New Zealand
/ South Korea
/ United Kingdom
...niland 29mn56 color stereo 2011 Germanyby Marius Leneweit & Rocio Rodriguez"..niland 2" tells about the adaptation and transformation of man to a life
beneath the water surface. The interface of air and water functions as the indicator of a climate influenced by humanity, raises questions regarding the ambivalence of the symbiosis human-environment and examines the stringent concurrence of climate change and cultural change.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. identity ]clip 18627mn15 color stereo 2011 Franceby Philippe RouyOur future is exhausted. We are liberated from time. Like animals.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. space ]clip All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.4mn26 color & b/w stereo 2010 Serbiaby Milica aka mcm-639 Mijacevic-CarevicThis video is about hypocrisy of modern society, about new world order and new democracy, about freedom and illusion, politic and politicians, human rights and equality.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. perception ]clip Amphësis8mn50 color & b/w stereo 2011 Franceby Philippe BrioudeAt the edge of the pier...self-productiondistribution : Light Cone[ pr. time ]clip Après coup12mn color mono 2009 Franceby Boris du BoullayIs cinema an enough concrete theory as well I can take a bath to try to forget all that stuff?self-productiondistribution : Light Cone[ pr. sense ]clip Au déjeuner, les colibris étaient bègues3mn45 color & b/w stereo 2010 Canadaby Danielle RaymondMemories made up of family archives, radio archives of Expo 67 and the voice of a woman trying to remember the place, atmosphere and context.
In a space that feels domestic, a fireplace and sofa serve as backdrop for different portraits, the reunion of two sisters and a parade of hats. Outside, a crack in a wall reveals a picnic lunch. Images are captured through a 'recorder-projector', a device created by the artist.self-productiondistribution : Groupe Intervention Vidéo[ pr. perception ]clip Augustus3mn43 color stereo 2010 Moroccoby Hicham QaidiA stunt that challenges the low of gravity when he drives his motorcycle along the death wall.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. identity ]clip Before War (Avant la Guerre)5mn40 color stereo 2010 USAby Jared KatsianeBoston, 1951: uncle Tommy makes home movies… then brings along his camera as a soldier in the Korean War.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. time ]clip being shot5mn color stereo 2010 United Kingdomby Guli SilbersteinA video of a handcuffed blindfolded man detained by soldiers on the street, and dreamlike images of abstract shapes and patterns in rocks and water, are synthesised by a distortion of the video signal, creating unsettling confusion and linkage between the tragic and the poetic, and between different uses of the sense of vision.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. perception ]clip C'est l'histoire d'un loup1mn35 color stereo 2011 Franceby Fabrice GuérinonVisit in the zoo.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. sense ]clip Capitol Symmetry8mn20 color sil 2010 USAby Neil NeedlemanThis video is about symmetry. First, the subject matter is symmetrical: the Capitol Plaza in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Second, I flipped the footage on itself, so the scenes in the frame are symmetrical. Third, the temporal structure of the video is symmetrical: the overlapping scenes progress to the midway point and then they flow in reverse to the beginning (now the end). self-productionself-distribution[ pr. space ]clip ceci est une bobine test3mn b/w sil 2010 Greeceby Matoula Eolou Gekko"An Athens walkabout with a Super 8 camera in search of contact with people on the street, becomes an instant collective project. The nostalgic gaze is reciprocal, from the camera to its subjects and vice versa. Eolou Gekko seems to merge with the subjects of her film and in the background the city is desired as a paradise lost." V. Bourikasself-productionself-distribution[ pr. sense ]clip Con Amore3mn34 color stereo 2009 Canadaby Pavitra WickramasingheA breathless body, articulated through a surgical dissection of time. Like a collection of fragments, a being grown increasingly fractured—likely as it searches for itself, for the moments it is made of. Then the intensity of the cry, until the pain is exhausted. An act of desperation, pulverized, until man finally becomes machine, a mechanical monster. And yet, the universe stays put.production : Perte de Signaldistribution : Perte de signal[ pr. identity ]clip Couleurs1mn35 color stereo 2010 Franceby Yves-Marie MahéColors.self-productiondistribution : Light Cone[ pr. movement ]clip Dérive6mn30 color stereo 2010 Franceby Inés Wickmann"Dérive" carries a glance on the environmental questions of a planet in full upheaval. A threat through inopportune appearances leads to a process which is damaged in a deep spiral. However, the life continues…
Research/Creation Grant, Canada Council for the Arts.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. space ]clip Domestic Rhythms6mn color & b/w stereo 2009 USAby Jeremy NewmanThis video begins with Rapunzel’s fairy tale wedding. Selected clips from the children’s animation depict her marriage falling apart. Newsreel footage of fashion models and sequences from a film about communication technology are linked to the witch. The implication is that the mass media casts a spell that disenchants viewers.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. perception ]clip Dualism2mn15 color stereo 2010 Swedenby Anders WebergVideo and Sound by Anders Weberg. Sink - swim. Fire - water. Life - death. Real - abstract.production : Recycled Image Studioself-distribution[ pr. identity ]clip Electric Garden3mn30 color stereo 2009 Canadaby Micheline Durocher"Electric Garden" is constructed upon one continuous pan of the edges and outlines of the female body and elicits the idea of the well established erotic theme in art, the reclining nude. Rendered in rich and vibrant colours, it transfers the imagery of the undressed observed reclining woman to a visual representation of woman’s own satisfaction.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. identity ]clip Eloge de la raison25mn color stereo 2010 Franceby Waël NoureddineA plunge into the mental world of a drug addict which echoes the chaos around him.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. long ]clip Everyman's Dream11mn color stereo 2010 Serbiaby Doplgenger"Everyman's Dream" is experimental video that represents super-modern allegory placed in the most globalized phenomena – nonplace of shopping center. Video's structure derives from medieval morality plays of "Everyman" and is based upon motive of fictional dream vision which enables one to undertake the journey of seeing beyond...self-productionself-distribution[ pr. sense ]clip Follow Me1mn30 color stereo 2010 Germanyby Melanie BeisswengerImages and sounds flow together, like fleeting thoughts shooting through the mind. This experimental video combines images, movement and sound to a pulsating unit, taking us on a journey into the unknown.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. space ]clip Frequency Mass4mn35 b/w stereo 2011 USAby John DavisExperimenting with light, movement, and various darkroom techniques, abstraction and
repetition coalesce in an array of chance encounters. A full immersion into an otherworldly mix of light and sound.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. perception ]clip From a land of ashes and mist21mn05 color & b/w stereo 2010 Italyby Fabio ScacchioliStarting from 50 reels of 8mm and super8 film recovered in L’Aquila (Italy) and nearby towns after the earthquake of 6 April 2009, I tried to describe the disaster of earthquake to reach a general reflection on memory and its stratification. Through the alternation, the overlapping, the merging of private images of family life with dramatic images of the same places after the earthquake, the city becomes a metaphor of the fragility of memory.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. long ]clip Futurology3mn02 color stereo 2011 New Zealandby Brit BunkleyThis video is a study of various "futuristic" edifices altered slightly in video software: a contemporary cargo ship, various airport terminals, the Auckland Sky Tower and the Seattle Space Needle. When I was young, most of us were convinced that the future would be far different than it turned out to be. We would either be living in George Jetson elevated homes (modelled in part on the 1962 Seattle Space needle)… or if we survived an expected nuclear war, we’d be living in a post-apocalyptic nuclear winter. Fortunately neither happened. http://vimeo.com/19404340self-productionself-distribution[ pr. space ]clip Guédiguian n'est pas mort pour la France29mn color stereo 2011 Franceby Pierre MerejkowskyGuédiguian is not dead for France.production : GAJEdistribution : GAJE[ pr. sense ]clip hatchet1mn19 color stereo 2010 USAby Hilda DanielDecapitated segments are propelled in phonetic-anagrammatic sequence suggesting threat, violence (dv, rape), escape. Squealing trains, fighting flies, a "hatchet" refrain chugging like a train or train of thought stuck in a mind locked in madness or fear. The piece is a fright of fancy, a poem part rage, part fear.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. space ]clip Home Not Yet Arrived8mn05 color stereo 2010 Taiwanby Ming-Yu LeeDear father in heaven, Everything is fine here. No longer miss you that often. Toby will be 9 this year, you haven’t met him. On the train on my way home, Feb. 2010, Chinese New Year.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. space ]clip Homecoming6mn30 b/w stereo 2010 United Kingdomby Hannah BeadmanThis split-3-screen video explores Jungian archetype integration through the narrative of a soldier returning to her girlfriend. This piece is sexual, dealing with longing, memory, a moment, transformation: it is political by its representation.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. identity ]clip Isle Of Lox "The Fruits Electric"3mn46 color stereo 2010 Germanyby Leyla Rodriguez & Cristian Straub"In the beginning was Sound" -Lending iconography from Greek mythology (Aphrodite's birth from oceanic foam), the Christian bible (Eve and the forbidden apple) and Grimm's fairy tales (Hänsel & Gretel), "The Fruits Electric" is a audiovisual quest for the primordial origin of sound.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. identity ]clip je marche2mn19 color & b/w stereo 2009 Franceby Isabelle SchneiderWalking nature.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. movement ]clip Je suis Père et mon Père est Père2mn18 color stereo 2010 Swedenby Anders Weberg"I'm a Father and my Father is a Father" June 2 - 2010. Filmed with a mobile phone upscaled in post. Video and Sound by Anders Weberg. Participants: Jan Weberg, Anders Weberg, André Weberg.
- March 16 - April 4: VIDEOFORMES 2011 International Festival, Clermont-Ferrand, France.
- November 5 - December 3: VAFA, Video Art For All, Casa Garden – Fundação Oriente, Macau, China.
- November 10: 11.0 Edition of Barcelona Art Contemporary Festival, CENTRE D'ART SANTA MONICA, Barcelona, Spain.
- November 6: Kunstfilmtag, Malkasten, Düsseldorf, Germany.
- October 30: GIGUK Gießen VideoArt Festival 2010, Gießen, Germany.
- September 1-7: EXiS2010 7th Experimental Film & Video Festival in Seoul, Korea.
- September 7: HEP, Mohsen Art Gallery, Tehran, Iran.
- September: HEP, Sazmanab Project gallery, Tehran, Iran.production : Recycled Image Studioself-distribution[ pr. identity ]clip Jump in the river11mn color stereo 2010 Canadaby Karina MarianoFilm collage. People, thoughts and bad childhood memories. A sweet guy I left and a leopard print girl I loved. All this wrapped up in Montreal winter, local music and lo-fi video effects. I should have just moved to Mexico and sent her hate mail, but I made a movie about it instead...;)self-productiondistribution : Groupe Intervention Vidéo[ pr. space ]clip Kinetosis9mn20 color & b/w stereo 2011 Canadaby Allan BrownA film editor experiences an acute bout of motion sickness sending him into a fragmented state of delerium.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. perception ]clip L'eau, l'air et les songes10mn07 color stereo 2009 Franceby Cécile RavelThe film starts with small electroacoustic shapes created by Jean-Marc Manteau, exploring the substance of breath, that of water as well as that of the act of walking. From then on, five small filmic shapes keep exploring these same elements surrounding my daughters as they stroll along the sea shore.self-productiondistribution : Collectif Jeune Cinema[ pr. movement ]clip L'insurrection qui vient3mn color stereo 2011 Canadaby Frédérick MaheuxDance to the rythm of area-denial sound systems and riot sticks!self-productionself-distribution[ pr. sense ]clip La Conspiration du Cerveau5mn45 color & b/w stereo 2010 Franceby Didier FeldmannSurrealist attempt to give a response to 4 fundamental questions that Humanity ask herself for several centuries: Why do dictators wear a mustache? Why do love stories end badly? Why do not children love their parent? Why do psychoanalyst wear glasses?self-productionself-distribution[ pr. space ]clip La voûte7mn10 color stereo 2010 Franceby Philippe RouyOne and the Other Way Round. Throbbing light throughout.self-productiondistribution : HEURE EXQUISE ![ pr. perception ]clip Labyrinthine14mn45 color stereo 2010 USAby Gregg BiermannForty-one separate shots that have been appropriated and excised from the Hitchcock classic Vertigo are repeated and transformed into a composite sequence of concentric rectangles. Each rectangle appears over the last and grows larger over time. The narrative of the original is all but lost and in its place is a hypnotic and meditative display of forms and sounds.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. movement ]clip Le Soleil 1923.3mn25 color stereo 2010 Serbiaby Milan ZulicMemory is form of meeting. Forgotten is form of freedom.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. perception ]clip Les Baigneuses15mn03 color sil 2011 Franceby Frank GattiAlmost anything with the girls.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. movement ]clip Les Barbares5mn color dolby stereo 2010 Franceby Jean-Gabriel PériotWe are scum! We are barbariansproduction : Sacrebleu Productionsself-distribution[ pr. movement ]clip Les Paraparapluies5mn02 color stereo 2009 Germanyby Stefan DemmingBased on the film "Les parapluies de Cherbourg" by Jacques Demy (1964) an audiovisual composition evolved. It reduces the narrative elements of the original movie by turning short sequences into transformative loops and transforming it into a rhythmic composition. In synchronized beats, the sampling of the sound goes along with the visual rhythm of the video. The actors look like virtual singing sculptures and some kind of a grammar of the movie’s single parts can be examined.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. time ]clip Light-Devouring Darkness2mn color stereo 2011 Canadaby Frédérick MaheuxWill the light be enough to absorb the darkness of their souls?self-productionself-distribution[ pr. identity ]clip Lightning Strikes4mn12 color & b/w stereo 2009 Germanyby Sönke Held & Felix KubinA super 8 paranoia extravaganza to the tunes of Felix Kubin.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. identity ]clip L’Homme des Hautes Plaines3mn29 color sil 2011 Franceby Frank GattiAlmost anything with the unpredictable.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. identity ]clip Meine stolze heimat3mn30 color & b/w stereo 2010 Franceby Yves-Marie MahéMy dearest country.self-productiondistribution : Light Cone[ pr. sense ]clip memoriesofasovietsoldier3mn30 color & b/w stereo 2010 Italyby Marco Balducci"memoriesofasovietsoldier" is a video art work that combines manipulated archive film footage(from "Battle of Russia"), original shootings and special effects. This work treats about reactivation of memories of a person( in this case a soviet soldier ). I’m very interesting in mental process concerning memories flow, above all the way we associated particular images to specific sounds or musics. With this work I try to let go the viewer into the Hyppocampus of a soviet soldier for some minutes. All non originally videos and musics are taken from www.archive.org under creative commons license( public domain ). Other sounds are recorded and manipulated by myself. Editing video and sound are made by myself. The Hyppocampus at the beginning of the video is a little organic sculpture that I made.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. movement ]clip Moment Two5mn45 color stereo 2010 South Koreaby Jung-Chul HurWhen the scene begins, a fragile and very feminine swaying female figure is center frame. As the film slowly progresses, two male figures gradually emerge from the background and approach the female figure. Body movements, interactions between figures and shifts in light become synchronized with carefully chosen music.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. movement ]clip Mr. Babyape is Passion9mn59 color stereo 2009 Germanyby Paul WiersbinskiWhen little red riding hood goes to visit grandmother she has to face reality for the first time. The age of urban cynicism and postmodernist confusion is over. All what is left are rural values of breeding and feeding. Only the small village and the small house with the equal sign on it might save her from the power of the big evil church. Illusion beats art once again.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. identity ]clip My First Science Fiction Movie3mn57 b/w stereo 2010 USAby Neil NeedlemanMy team of physicists at the Institute for the Advanced Study of the Universe was the first to make a startling discovery. What was that discovery? Watch this video and, in less than four minutes, you’ll have the answer. But I warn you: it’s an answer that rocks the very foundation of our universe.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. movement ]clip My mother's garden / My father's garden: A diptych11mn color & b/w stereo 2010 Spainby Toni CrabbPart of a range of works that go under the concept 'Mind is a form of landscape', the 2 works are portraits of my parents seen through each of their gardens, and also a study of a double (migrated) identity.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. long ]clip My Way4mn50 color stereo 2010 Swedenby Antti SavelaIn this video I have brought together eight complete strangers to sing "My Way" by Jacques Revaux and Claude Francois.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. space ]clip Nightlife in a puddle8mn b/w stereo 2010 Italyby Fabio ScacchioliThis is an hallucination after the storm. In super 8, dark, lightning and disappearing scratched roads. Discovering that a village festivity is also possible in a puddle at night is both terrible and sublime. Are the images that drown and disappear in memory, or are we drowning, while the images observe us from an unreachable time?self-productionself-distribution[ pr. perception ]clip Nothing to Fear but Nothing Itself5mn color stereo 2009 USAby Salise HughesThe threats have been erased from old footage of the 60’s TV series "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".self-productionself-distribution[ pr. time ]clip Omokage (remains)6mn color stereo 2010 Japanby Maki SatakeMy grandfather who was a photographer died about ten years ago. He left many forgotten photographs when I was a child.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. identity ]clip Ophelia2mn05 color stereo 2010 Canadaby Vienne ChanThe individual desire consummates all.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. identity ]clip Orgamécanique2mn56 color & b/w stereo 2010 Franceby Emmanuel MorvanAs in a strange dream, atmospheres, forms get involved the some in the others, repeat, contradict themselves or assemble. Are they fragments of memories, run-ups of imagination?self-productionself-distribution[ pr. perception ]clip Orissa6mn b/w stereo 2010 Franceby Philippe CoteThe story of an encounter.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. time ]clip Passengers Take-Offs1mn20 color sil 2010 Colombiaby Camilo Barreneche"Takeoffs passengers" is a video that approaches the phenomena of migration and the impossibility of mobility in an era when the journey is a prototypical activity of human beings and that speaks of individuals who are between, take off, take a flight and a territory in constant motion .self-productionself-distribution[ pr. space ]clip Plume21mn06 color & b/w stereo 2010 Franceby Cécile RavelPlume (Feather) tells the story of my daughter when she was suffering from anorexia. During a whole year, as if I was keeping a diary I filmed the moments when we could connect with each other. production : Les Productions Aléatoiresdistribution : Collectif Jeune Cinema[ pr. time ]clip Potemkin2mn10 b/w stereo 2010 USAby Tamar Meir"Potemkin" is a 16mm stop-motion animation short influenced by the Odessa Staircase Scene from Sergei Eisenstein's 1925 "Battleship Potemkin." 3000 little toy soldiers choreograph their way down the modern staircase, forming more and more of an abstract shape as they go further down. The piece was originally part of an installation at Cooper Union, New York.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. time ]clip Predator2mn40 color stereo 2010 Germanyby Wilfried Agricola de CologneThe video is a metaphoric view on the predator in each of us telling the everyday life story when youth gangs are attacking other people at lonesome locations without any witnesses. The predator as the victim of the circumstances.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. identity ]clip PrickTic0mn51 color stereo 2009 USAby Hilda DanielA nervous tic, sinister twitch, butterfly, beermat and desire edge inside a woolly slit of fluttering violence. In "PrickTic", non-verbal sound suggests assault, weight, new meaning: beating wings; an advert in distress. The wrenching of sound and image from their original form into distressed violence is echoed in the narrative.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. sense ]clip Rainbow Happyface0mn16 color stereo 2009 USAby Hilda DanielIcons of happiness - clip-art and the color yellow (the best things in life are free) - are decompressed, fuzzy and flying flat in layered soundscapes, clipped in short cycle, happy and sad; describing a lifetime, and the abrupt absoluteness of the end of anything. (ded. to my mum, Molly Daniel 1930-2009).self-productionself-distribution[ pr. sense ]clip Relrap erdnetne suov ed edalam dner em aç1mn45 b/w stereo 2010 Franceby Yves-Marie MahéClac clac.self-productiondistribution : Light Cone[ pr. movement ]clip Staring Into Infinity4mn50 color stereo 2010 United Kingdomby Guli SilbersteinComposed from fragments of reality captured by a mobile phone and a home digital video camcorder, the video contains a surreal journey into ‘non-places’ of childhood in which an older self is following a younger self, re-acquiring a sense of empowerment and quietness. The glitches and imperfections of image and sound suggest a relation between digital form and human perception.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. perception ]clip Stochastics6mn30 b/w stereo 2010 Franceby David KidmanWhen you are a child, you learn how to walk. There is an other way to think about it: During military service, when you forget walking and learn to march. This film is about the way in which I learn to walk, the way in which cinema learned to walk and partly how to aim at the right targetsself-productionself-distribution[ pr. movement ]clip Sur le passage de quelques amis Facebook5mn47 color stereo 2011 Franceby Suzel RocheAgain, two builders meet each other, some time they hurt, most frequently, they stay face to face, let the spectator find place in their junction: my Facebook friends's pictures and the voice of Guy Debord from his movie "La Société du Spectacle".self-productionself-distribution[ pr. sense ]clip Tatyana & Vera in 'Underground Forest' aka 'A Woodcutter's Tale'3mn05 b/w stereo 2010 United Kingdomby Hannah BeadmanThis 35mm photocine film is set deep in a Russian forest, drawing on the macabre underside and magic of fairy-tales; it creates a lesbian space within this genre. The photo style, flared whites, touch on the beauty, shock and heightened emotion within the violent relationship of the narrative.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. time ]clip The Art-Qaeda Project7mn03 color mono 2010 Taiwanby Wei-Ming HoIn a weird atmosphere, the images set out for an exciting adventure. Did the images represent the secret signals, a mysterious journey or a silent protest? By means of guerrilla art action, this project presented the conversation between the images and the city environment.production : Jia-Shingself-distribution[ pr. identity ]clip The Da4mn35 color stereo 2011 Franceby Charlotte CarlottAWho are they? Towards where do they walk? Towards a sure death, in the heart of the nonsense. Hypnotic uneasiness, the sound of the knell or the sound of the little death?
Without communication and without link but the one of existence, this people present the authority of their corporeality. In homage to Dada, " the Da ", anagram of " death ", is a strange and dreamlike universe, tinted with fear and with incomprehension, a mental universe where the spatiotemporal marks lose all their rationality.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. space ]clip The Garden10mn color & b/w stereo 2010 USAby Ann Steuernagel"The Garden" is a reflection on climate change. It is created from found, recycled film footage and is presented in three parts. Winner Best of Festival (experimental) 2011 Black Maria Film + Video Festival, U.S.A.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. perception ]clip Tôt le matin3mn33 b/w mono 2011 USAby Dan Nadaner"First thing in the morning". Is it before everything happens, or is it after something has already happened? The contrast between the peaceful view and the dramas that have escaped view.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. space ]clip un jour ou l'autre nous partons tous en voyage en Italie (II)53mn color stereo 2010 Franceby Muriel MontiniAt first, there is a shot that would become "a fiction machine". A journey to Italy.turns into a series of journeys to Italy. Entertwining, conflicting love stories that seem to respond to each other.
self-productionself-distribution[ pr. long ]clip universal tourist7mn46 color stereo 2010 Germanyby Christin BolewskiAn experimental documentary observation and a sociological and cultural study of a global phenomenon of mass consumer culture: it interrogates tourist photographic practices - the holiday snapshot. The video observes tourists while they act as tourists. It takes pictures of people taking pictures. It records them while they record themselves.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. movement ]clip Viewing Room0mn44 color & b/w stereo 2010 Indiaby Aditi Kulkarni"Viewing Room" is about continuum of a fraction in space-time model.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. space ]clip WARdisease8mn26 color & b/w stereo 2010 Franceby Marie MagescasOn December 10, 1948, the General Assembly of the United Nations adopted and proclaimed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Five of these UN member countries are today the biggest arms dealers in the world. Made with archive footage edited in fragments, "WARdisease" explore without chronology the equal posture of the people which are the toys of that economic reality. Men women children. Run cry fall die, be armed. And start again.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. sense ]clip Welcome to Hong Kong - Study on Verticality: Elevation1mn color mono 2010 Chinaby Christophe BruchanskyAt the difference of the altitude of mountains that has been set once for all, there are no limits for skyscrapers and engineering. Higher standards in wealth and social status are being set, but without increasing the number of people who could see the uninterrupted horizon. self-productionself-distribution[ pr. space ]clip Winter IRM2mn04 color & b/w stereo 2011 Franceby Jérôme LaniauDjanka lives in the street. His IRM tells his story.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. perception ]clip You Can See the Sun in Late December6mn30 color stereo 2010 USAby Sasha Waters FreyerBeautiful emptiness, anguish and calm, absence rendered visible and traces of presence in the winter light, all intensified by the damned (non) question of maternity. Filming every frigid day in the final month as a strategy for overcoming deflated motivation.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. perception ]clip Z=enfant-vautour16mn33 color & b/w stereo 2010 Franceby Mathieu CalvezGenealogical ascent of a man, crossing the layers of his own geographical and mental landscapes.self-productionself-distribution[ pr. time ]clip