calendar / tariffs
video library P'Silo
video library "à la carte"
les grands terrains
Théâtre des Chartreux
pro / presse
PROGRAM IDENTITY 11
July 14, 19h15 & July 15, 19h15
Théâtre des Chartreux 105, avenue des Chartreux / 13004 Marseille tel. 33 4 91 50 18 90
films - 79mn
...niland 29mn56 color stereo 2011 Germanyby Marius Leneweit & Rocio Rodriguez"..niland 2" tells about the adaptation and transformation of man to a life
beneath the water surface. The interface of air and water functions as the indicator of a climate influenced by humanity, raises questions regarding the ambivalence of the symbiosis human-environment and examines the stringent concurrence of climate change and cultural change.self-productionself-distributionclip Augustus3mn43 color stereo 2010 Moroccoby Hicham QaidiA stunt that challenges the low of gravity when he drives his motorcycle along the death wall.self-productionself-distributionclip The Art-Qaeda Project7mn03 color mono 2010 Taiwanby Wei-Ming HoIn a weird atmosphere, the images set out for an exciting adventure. Did the images represent the secret signals, a mysterious journey or a silent protest? By means of guerrilla art action, this project presented the conversation between the images and the city environment.production : Jia-Shingself-distributionclip Ophelia2mn05 color stereo 2010 Canadaby Vienne ChanThe individual desire consummates all.self-productionself-distributionclip Mr. Babyape is Passion9mn59 color stereo 2009 Germanyby Paul WiersbinskiWhen little red riding hood goes to visit grandmother she has to face reality for the first time. The age of urban cynicism and postmodernist confusion is over. All what is left are rural values of breeding and feeding. Only the small village and the small house with the equal sign on it might save her from the power of the big evil church. Illusion beats art once again.self-productionself-distributionclip Lightning Strikes4mn12 color & b/w stereo 2009 Germanyby Sönke Held & Felix KubinA super 8 paranoia extravaganza to the tunes of Felix Kubin.self-productionself-distributionclip Predator2mn40 color stereo 2010 Germanyby Wilfried Agricola de CologneThe video is a metaphoric view on the predator in each of us telling the everyday life story when youth gangs are attacking other people at lonesome locations without any witnesses. The predator as the victim of the circumstances.self-productionself-distributionclip Je suis Père et mon Père est Père2mn18 color stereo 2010 Swedenby Anders Weberg"I'm a Father and my Father is a Father" June 2 - 2010. Filmed with a mobile phone upscaled in post. Video and Sound by Anders Weberg. Participants: Jan Weberg, Anders Weberg, André Weberg.
- March 16 - April 4: VIDEOFORMES 2011 International Festival, Clermont-Ferrand, France.
- November 5 - December 3: VAFA, Video Art For All, Casa Garden – Fundação Oriente, Macau, China.
- November 10: 11.0 Edition of Barcelona Art Contemporary Festival, CENTRE D'ART SANTA MONICA, Barcelona, Spain.
- November 6: Kunstfilmtag, Malkasten, Düsseldorf, Germany.
- October 30: GIGUK Gießen VideoArt Festival 2010, Gießen, Germany.
- September 1-7: EXiS2010 7th Experimental Film & Video Festival in Seoul, Korea.
- September 7: HEP, Mohsen Art Gallery, Tehran, Iran.
- September: HEP, Sazmanab Project gallery, Tehran, Iran.production : Recycled Image Studioself-distributionclip Con Amore3mn34 color stereo 2009 Canadaby Pavitra WickramasingheA breathless body, articulated through a surgical dissection of time. Like a collection of fragments, a being grown increasingly fractured—likely as it searches for itself, for the moments it is made of. Then the intensity of the cry, until the pain is exhausted. An act of desperation, pulverized, until man finally becomes machine, a mechanical monster. And yet, the universe stays put.production : Perte de Signaldistribution : Perte de signalclip Dualism2mn15 color stereo 2010 Swedenby Anders WebergVideo and Sound by Anders Weberg. Sink - swim. Fire - water. Life - death. Real - abstract.production : Recycled Image Studioself-distributionclip Isle Of Lox "The Fruits Electric"3mn46 color stereo 2010 Germanyby Leyla Rodriguez & Cristian Straub"In the beginning was Sound" -Lending iconography from Greek mythology (Aphrodite's birth from oceanic foam), the Christian bible (Eve and the forbidden apple) and Grimm's fairy tales (Hänsel & Gretel), "The Fruits Electric" is a audiovisual quest for the primordial origin of sound.self-productionself-distributionclip L’Homme des Hautes Plaines3mn29 color sil 2011 Franceby Frank GattiAlmost anything with the unpredictable.self-productionself-distributionclip Electric Garden3mn30 color stereo 2009 Canadaby Micheline Durocher"Electric Garden" is constructed upon one continuous pan of the edges and outlines of the female body and elicits the idea of the well established erotic theme in art, the reclining nude. Rendered in rich and vibrant colours, it transfers the imagery of the undressed observed reclining woman to a visual representation of woman’s own satisfaction.self-productionself-distributionclip Homecoming6mn30 b/w stereo 2010 United Kingdomby Hannah BeadmanThis split-3-screen video explores Jungian archetype integration through the narrative of a soldier returning to her girlfriend. This piece is sexual, dealing with longing, memory, a moment, transformation: it is political by its representation.self-productionself-distributionclip Omokage (remains)6mn color stereo 2010 Japanby Maki SatakeMy grandfather who was a photographer died about ten years ago. He left many forgotten photographs when I was a child.self-productionself-distributionclip Light-Devouring Darkness2mn color stereo 2011 Canadaby Frédérick MaheuxWill the light be enough to absorb the darkness of their souls?self-productionself-distributionclip